Afternoon Tea Pickle Pop Up
The world’s first pickle-based pop-up is set to launch in London to celebrate the brined cucumber.
The cult afternoon teas are the brainchild of renowned pop-up Queen Meredith O’Shaughnessy who masterminded the world’s first avocado pop-up.
Launching on April 23 for a limited run, the first of their kind ‘Pickle Themed Afternoon Tea’ celebrates the brilliance of the world's most underrated food with an afternoon tea only for the adventurous, where guests will experience pickle-based cocktails and pickle themed live entertainment.
The afternoon tea is hosted in conjunction with Oh La La! Macarons, a luxury patisserie, and is the start of a series of experiences which focus on celebrating the food we love by creating unique signature menus around speciality foods at varying creative locations across the UK.
The gherkin-inspired menu will include a play on the flavours and unusual ways to eat pickled food including pickle-shaped dill and lemon macarons, white chocolate and dill pickle mini doughnuts and pickled jelly trifle.
In addition, everyone who attends will receive a jar of pickles to take home.
SAMPLE MENU – PICKLE POP-UP AFTERNOON TEA
- Pickle-shaped Dill and Lemon Macaron
- Gherkin Shaped Pineapple and Dill Pickle Mini Cake
- Pickled Jelly Trifle
- Dill Pickle Cupcake Bite
- White Chocolate and Dill Pickle Mini Donut
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Dill Pickle
- Dill Pickle and Goats Cheese Finger Sandwiches
- Smoked Salmon and Dill Pickle Cream Cheese
- Bloody Mary Parmesan Palmiers
- Pickled Deviled Eggs
- Buttermilk Scones with Pickled Strawberry Conserve & Clotted Cream
- Pickled Ginger Beer
- Pineapple Pickled Tonic
- Bloody Mary Lite
- Rhubarb Dill Cucumber Gin Fizz
- Champagne and Prosecco available at an additional cost
Pickle Afternoon Tea dates:
Sunday April 23rd 2023 - SOLD OUT
Sunday April 30th 2023 - SOLD OUT
Sunday May 7th 2023 - SOLD OUT
Sunday May 14th 2023 - SOLD OUT
Sunday 11th June 2023
Afternoon tea runs from – 12:30pm – 5:00pm
5 Kirby Street
The Pickle Afternoon Tea starts at - £80 per person
The ticket price includes an afternoon tea menu, a welcome drink and a jar of pickles to take away with you.
“The last pickle in the jar is the most pickle.”